Tru Vue Optium Museum benefits
Plexiglas UV 100 vs Tru Vue Optium
Let's compare Plexiglas UV 100 and Tru Vue Optium Museum Acrylic. With Tru Vue's offering, you won't see any pesky reflections, except for a slight one from the PET slipcase and polished plaque. It's like magic!
With Optium Museum Acrylic, your favourite games are shielded from harmful light, thanks to 99% UV protection.
Plexiglas UV 100 is crystal clear and less likely to shatter, making it the modern and safe alternative to traditional glass glazing that will not fade or discolour over time.
What are the tech specs for Tru Vue Optium Museum Acrylic?
- Virtually eliminates reflections
- Blocks up to 99% of UV rays
- Optimal light transmission protects and brightens colors
- Anti-static protection that immediately dissipates static
- Durable hard coat protects against scratches
- Shatter resistance safeguards against injury and damage to artwork
- Cleans like glass – easy to clean with common household glass cleaners. No special acrylic cleaners needed.
- Proprietary coating is engineered for permanence.
Are there any downsides to using Plexiglas UV 100?
It is a very cost-effective solution to protect your most cherished games when you frame them, however for the ultimate way to protect your games, TruVue Optium Museum Acrylic is the best solution.
Do your frames come with any glass protection?
All frames come with a standard glazing in the form of regular acrylic. This option provides a basic level of protection compared to TruVue Optium Museum Acrylic or Plexiglas UV 100, but does offer a simple way to protect your game from dust.